Search site

Government Initiatives

Renewable Energy E-Gaming E-Commerce New Residents

Land & Property Transfers

Transfers of Land are registered by lodging with the Registrar the Alderney Land Registry Forms A (the application form to change or amend the register) and Form B (the transfer form) together with the proper fees and duties. These forms and explanatory notes can be downloaded from the bottom of this page.

Transfers of Land must be accompanied by a Proof of Identity Form for all parties involved.  For individuals, Form C is used.  For a body corporate, Form D is used, and should include proof of the Corporation's existence.   In both cases, for all signatories, a passport size photo, a passport or British driving licence and a recent utility bill or similar is required to accompany the Form C/D.

A person who is not domiciled in Alderney and whose citizenship is NOT in the UK, an EEC or Commonwealth Country needs to make a special application to purchase land in Alderney. For example this applies to citizens of the United States of America, Switzerland or Norway. For the procedure to apply for this please contact the Land Registry staff.


word icon Form A [95kb]pdf icon Form A Guidance Notes [50kb]
word icon Form B (input version) [44kb]pdf icon Form B Guidance Notes [41kb]
word icon Form C Identity Form [43kb]pdf icon Form C - Guidance Note - Individual [246kb]
word icon Form D Identity Form - Body Corporate [48kb]pdf icon Form D - Guidance Note - Body Corporate [246kb]