Policy and Finance
States Members on the Committee are all ten members of the States of Alderney.
Chairman - James Dent
Deputy Chairman of Policy and Finance Committee - Tony Barnes
Members with responsibility for liaison with the following bodies relating to Transferred Services: Policy & Finance Committee, with individual delegation when required for:
- Policy & Resources Committee - James Dent
- Health & Social Care Committee - Graham McKinley
- Employment & Social Security Committee - Graham McKinley
- Education, Sport & Culture Committee - Alex Snowdon
- Home Affairs Committee - Mike Dean
- Environment & Infrastructure Committee - Ian Tugby
- Economic Development Committee - Tony Barnes
- States' Trading Supervisory Board - Norma Paris
States Appointed Director of Alderney Electricity Limited - Matt Birmingham
Board of Alderney eGambling Limited - Matt Birmingham and Mr A Barnes
Alderney Liaison Group* - James Dent, Tony Barnes, Norma Paris (Alderney Representatives as ex officio members)
States of Alderney Pensions Trustees - Chairman of Policy & Finance Committee; Chief Executive & Treasurer in accordance with the rules of the scheme are appointed a Trustees.
*Matters discussed by the Alderney Liaison Group include: population size and demography, falling school rolls, related economic matters (following the withdrawal of Low Value Consignment Relief by the UK) and operational matters relating to the airport.
Agendas and minutes of meetings can be found here.
Should you have any matters you wish to raise with the Chairman or bring to the attention of the Committee, please write to:
PO Box 1001, Alderney, Channel Islands, GY9 3AA