Alderney Commission for Renewable Energy
The Commission was established by the Renewable Energy (Alderney) Law 2007 and its related Ordinances. These set out the statutory role and responsibilities of the Commission and the requirements that the Commission must ensure are fulfilled in order to comply with the Law.
In order to operate effectively in carrying out this role the Commission believes its Mission is to
• operate in an impartial efficient and professional regime to regulate renewable energy production,
• ensure that at all times it operates in accordance with current best practice,
• brief the current States and its individual members so that informed decisions may be made in developing any renewable energy resources on Alderney and in its territorial waters,
• support wherever possible the development of domestic renewable initiatives on Alderney, even if they are not required to be regulated by the Commission,
• work with the other Channel Islands, France and the UK to develop the renewable energy resources.
For further information, please visit the Alderney Commission for Renewable Energy website.
Document downloadsRenewable Energy (Alderney) Law 2007 Consolidated Text
Alderney Commission for Renewable EnergyPO Box 1084, Alderney, , GY9 3LL
Tel: +44 (0)1481 822357